Dashanga Lepa is a polyherbal preparation of Ayurveda, used to treat many skin ailments and rheumatoid arthritis. This is a powder for external application and has an excellent soothing effect. Most of the ingredients of this mixture purify the blood, pacify vata and pitta and initiate healing*, They have good analgesic effect and therefore can be used to relieve pain caused by wounds and herpes infection. Application of the paste prepared from this mixture increases blood circulation in the area and helps in reducing swelling. Ayurvedic physician always recommend its application to alleviate swelling, pain and inflammation*
Shrish bark – Albizzia lebbeck, Yashtimadhu – Glycerrihza glabra, Tagar – Valeriana wallichii, Chandana – Santalum album, Haridra – Curcuma longa, Daru haridra – Berberis aristata and many more.
- Dashanga Lepa has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-arthritic activities.
- It can be applied externally to manage rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is applied topically in the treatment of conditions such as visarpa (herpes), Visha visphota (skin eruptions due to poison), hyperpigmentation, wounds and Dushta Vrana (non-healing wound).
- In cough and fever, this formulation is massaged on and around the chest.
* Results may vary from person to person.
A paste is prepared by mixing this powder in hot water and is applied on location of pain/ swelling/lesion/wound and washed out after drying or after 20 mins. There may be a sensation of warmth or burning which is normal. In such cases wash with cold water after 10 mins after application.
- This medicine should strictly be used under medical supervision.
- Keep out of reach and eyesight of children.
- Store in a dry place.